Toffee & Coffee Cashew Crunch Bars
Are you looking to bake the perfect Christmas or housewarming gift this holiday season? Look no further. Featured on Door County Coffee & Tea Co.'s website, Toffee & Coffee Cashew Crunch Bars are sure to please everyone!
"Wow the crowd at your next potluck with these sweet and crunchy bars. Almond Toffee flavored coffee is the perfect complement to cashews in this simple dessert."
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg yolk
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces
1/4 cup dark or light corn syrup
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp brewed Almond Toffee Door County Coffee
3 cups raw cashews, coarsely chopped
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line a 13x9 baking pan with nonstick foil, letting foil extend 2" at short ends.
1. Beat butter until creamy.
2. Beat in sugars, yolk, and salt.
3. On low speed, beat in flour until blended (dough will be crumbly).
4. Press evenly into bottom of prepared pan.
5. Bake 25 minutes or until golden brown at edges.
6. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
1. Combine sugar, butter, and corn syrup in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
2. Cook, stirring occasionally, until butter melts. Bring to a full boil; boil for 1.5 minutes, whisking a few times.
3. Remove pan from heat and still in cream, vanilla, coffee, and cashews.
4. Pour filling over crust and spread evenly. Bake 25 minutes or until filling is bubbly all over.
5. Cool completely in the pan on a wire rack.
6. Lift foil edges to transfer bars to a cutting board. Cut into 36 bars.
Recipe and photo credit: Door County Coffee & Tea Co. Submitted by Marisa of Vaughn, Ontario.