FISH CREEK, WI (February 5, 2016) – Soon the calendar will be filled with events and things to do, so make sure to add Peninsula Players to your must-see list for 2016. With an exciting line-up, America’s oldest professional resident summer theater has season tickets available for a variety of engaging shows - from a gentle new comedy, a classic whodunit, a lively pop-musical, an engrossing new drama and a fast-paced comic thriller.
Peninsula Players provides a truly unforgettable theatrical experience and patrons relish in the Broadway-quality performances by its renowned award-winning artistic company. Patrons arrive early to relax and savor the Players delightful Door County shoreline location before settling into the theater for an evening of stellar live professional theatre.
Peninsula Players opens its 81st season on June 14 with the Wisconsin première of “Chapatti,” a gentle and funny late-in-life romance by Christian O’Reilly running through July 3. Agatha Christie’s brilliant murder mystery “The Hollow” will keep audiences guessing July 6 – July 24. Taking the stage July 27 – August 14 is the lively, uplifting pop-rock musical – that takes it all off, “The Full Monty,” with book by Terrence McNally and music and lyrics by David Yazbek. Up next from August 17 – September 4 is the Midwest première of “Alabama Story” by Kenneth Jones in which a children’s book stirs passions in 1959 Montgomery. The rollicking and riotous spy thriller, “The 39 Steps” by Patrick Barlow will mesmerize and entertain audiences September 7 – October 16 when four actors portray all 150 characters of Alfred Hitchcock’s 1935 adventure film, “The 39 Steps.”
Subscription privileges include:
- 10% Discount - Receive a 10% discount on all tickets ordered by the season renewal deadline date, including any "extra" single tickets ordered with the set 5-show package. Deadline is February 26, 2016.
- Have Guests in Town? Subscribers receive a 10% discount on additional tickets purchased by phone through April 30, 2016.
- Free Ticket Exchange- Can't make the date you booked? Just phone our Box Office 24 hours before the show and we will move them to another date with the show free of charge.
- Get Your Favorite Seats- Season seats are booked before any other tickets go on sale. Enjoy certain seats? Choose the series package and we can guarantee you the same seats for all five shows on those pre-set dates.
- Flexible Options - Don't want to commit to specific dates in advance? Our Flex Subscription may just suit your needs. With our Flex Subscription package you pick the dates to each of the five plays and we will seat you in the best seats available. Prices range: $169.20 to $196.20 single/$338.40 -$392.40 for a pair of tickets to all five shows. A one-time service fee of $7 applies to each season ticket order.
“For our 81st season I’ve put together a group of shows that offer a whopping big deal of variety,” said Artistic Director Greg Vinkler. “From the romantic to the mysterious, from the glitzy to the touching, from the frenetic to the glorious. My goal has always been that if you came and saw every show, each production would take you away to a completely different world. Each one is unique and thrilling in its own way, as well as memorable and completely entertaining. Enjoy our 81st season!”
Live, laugh and love out loud this season at Peninsula Players. Set a date for yourself or with a friend for five great nights of live professional theater at its best, right in your backyard.
The Peninsula Players perform Tuesdays through Saturdays at 8pm and Sundays at 7:30pm in the summer. With the opening of the fall show on September 7, curtain times switch to Tuesday through Sundays at 7pm. The closing performance of each show will be a 4pm matinee. This season’s matinees are July 3, July 24, August 14, Sept. 4 and Oct. 16. Additional Sunday matinees for “The 39 Steps” will be announced in late May.
For more information or to reserve your season tickets, phone the Peninsula Players’ Box Office at 920.868.3287 or visit www.peninsulaplayers.com to download PDF documents of the seating chart, series package dates and order form.