STURGEON BAY, WI (February 26, 2016) – Ice carvers and snow sculptors shook up their handwarmers, sharpened their scrapers and braved the freezing temps for the annual Fire & Ice event in Sturgeon Bay, Saturday, February 13.
The creatively brave group of 25 ice and snow carvers took to the streets of Sturgeon Bay to create spectacular works of art, with the ice carvers competing for cash prizes and the coveted People’s Choice award. Carving took place from 9am to 2pm with an awards ceremony at 2:30pm in the Sturgeon Bay Visitor Center.
The People’s Choice Award was awarded to Gary Richter for his I love You (in American Sign Language) carving that was sponsored by Stone Harbor.
Each competitor level was awarded as follows:
1. Rebecca Struck, parrot, sponsored by The Lodge at Leathem Smith
2. Ceclia May, Kenny the minion, sponsored by Kitty O’Reillys
1. Jennifer Beyer, dragon, sponsored by Stone Harbor Resort
2. Brian Pahl and Seth Wilson, wine bottle sponsored by Madison Avenue Market
3. Riley Vissers and Alexa Field, heart sponsored by Wilkins & Olander
1. Cody Leist, eagle sponsored by Stone Harbor Resort
2. Gary Richter, I Love You (in American Sign Language) sponsored by Stone Harbor Resort
To all the brave and tenacious ice carver and snow sculptors, a huge thank you for making Fire and Ice 2016 fun and creating a festive atmosphere around Sturgeon Bay with your creativity.
Many, many thanks to the 2016 sponsors of snow and ice blocks: 5th & Jefferson Coffee House, Avenson Photography, Bliss, Bridgeport Resort, Coldwell Banker, Cornucopia Kitchen Shop, Door County Candy, Door County Eye Associates, Gwendolyn’s Jewelry & Gallery, Frozen Spoon, Kitty O’Reillys Irish Pub, Madison Avenue Market, Monticello on Jefferson, Ministry Door County Medical Center, On Deck Clothing Co., Scaturo’s, Spin, Sonny’s Italian Kitchen & Pizzeria, Stone Harbor Resort, T. Simon Jewelers, The Lodge at Leathem Smith, Stone Harbor Resort, City of Sturgeon Bay, Westwood Shores Waterfront Resort, Wilkins & Olander, Wulf Brothers Heating & Cooling, Young Automotive.
For additional information on this event and others sponsored by the Sturgeon Bay Visitor Center, visit www.SturgeonBay.net or call the SBVC at 800.301.6695 or 920.743.6246.