The Door County Folk Festival (DCFF), which since 1978 has touched the lives of thousands of folk dance and music-lovers, has announced its first-ever GoFundMe campaign in order to expand the Festival’s programming and audience development.
The DCFF is known throughout the folk dance world as a creatively fun and educational extended weekend of dancing, music, singing and camaraderie that annually attracts hundreds of participants from throughout the world to Door County, Wisconsin.
The Festival is also user-friendly, enjoyable and participatory, and offers opportunities for learning, networking and making friends in a congenial, relaxed, community atmosphere; it also offers options for attendees of all levels of ability, experience and interest. The Door Peninsula itself offers many activities and experiences for non-dancing family members, friends, and significant others. With the objective of evolving the DCFF into the future, the Festival initiated its GoFundMe Campaign with a goal of raising $7,500 in 2017.
Interested in donating to the DCFF? Visit www.gofundme.com/dcfolkfest, or mail your donation to: DCFF, P.O. Box 25548, Chicago, IL 60625.
Major projects for 2018 include raising start-up funding for 2018 planning activities, implementing changes in marketing to increase awareness and improve attendance, and redesigning program offerings and activities to improve quality and to manage costs. The Festival is reaching out to various communities that are passionate about honoring and sustaining America’s diverse cultural heritage, including:
- current and past Festival participants
- members of the IFD (International Folk Dance) community
- lovers of ethnic/folk dancing, music and singing
- individuals and businesses that have an interest in promoting cultural activities in Door County
- members of America’s ethnic communities who recognize and appreciate how the IFD Community honors, celebrates and preserves their ethnic traditions
- those who have an interest in the success of participatory, hands-on festivals like this one The Campaign begins on August 18, 2017 and runs through Saturday, September 16, 2017.
For more information about the DCFF, contact: Paul Collins, email@example.com, 847.846.8139. Website: www.dcff.net • Twitter: www.twitter.com/dcffolkfest • Facebook: facebook.com/dcffolkfest • FB Group: facebook.com/groups/dcffmail