Egg Harbor, Wis. (June 14, 2023) – Alpine Resort will be hosting Zenshin Daiko, an award-winning 10-piece children’s Taiko group from Maui, Hawaii, June 23-28, for a series of performances in Door County.
Zenshin Daiko is celebrating its 25th anniversary under the direction of Tony and Val Jones from Maui. They are a 501c3 not for profit group. The ten performers are 13-15 years old and play their handcrafted Taiko drums in the revered style of Taiko, a rhythmic artistic flow of percussion and dance.
Zenshin Daiko’s performance schedule is as follows:
- Friday, June 23 – 8pm pre-sunset performance at the Alpine waterfront lawn
- Saturday, June 24 – 2:30pm pre-concert performance at Birch Creek Music Performance Center (tickets required)
- Sunday, June 25 – 6:30pm performance at the Peg Egan Performing Arts Center sunset concert as the opening act to Naturally 7
- Monday, June 26 – 8pm pre-sunset performance at the Alpine waterfront lawn
- Tuesday, June 27 – 8pm pre-sunset performance at the Alpine waterfront lawn
- Wednesday June 28 – 5:30pm performance in the Alpine Tent opening for The String Benders and a presunset show on the Alpine waterfront lawn
All performances are a 20 minute set. Performances are free excluding the pre-concert performance at
Birch Creek Music Performance Center as tickets are required.
To learn more about Zenshin Daiko, visit their website at www.zenshindaiko.com.