Sturgeon Bay, Wis. (October 19, 2022) – Sturgeon Bay invites you and your family to enjoy a day of festive Halloween fun on Saturday, October 29th!
Thrills & Chills, presented with Quantum PC, will include kid friendly, Halloween themed activities held throughout the walkable east and west waterfronts in Historic Downtown Sturgeon Bay.
The Annual Kids Costume Parade will kick things off starting at 10AM. If you and your family are interested in participating, please meet at the Third Avenue clocktower around 9:45AM. Led by the Sturgeon Bay Fire Department, the parade will proceed from the clocktower, down Third Avenue, and conclude at Martin Park. Get creative! There will be prizes given out for the best costumes.
Trick-or-treating along east and west waterfront businesses will start after the parade ends and go until 1PM. Find participating businesses with the “Thrills & Chills” Window Decal.
The Boys & Girls Club of Door County on 55 S Third Avenue will be having their Annual Haunted House along with their Grills For Thrills Fundraiser. Stop by and grab a burger, hot dogs, drinks, and more. Funds help to support Boys & Girls Club programming and youth activities in Door County. In addition, the Door County Library on 107 S Fourth Avenue will be having a variety of Halloween crafts and movies for kids, 11AM-3PM.
New this year, Sturgeon Bay will be having a West Side Spooky Celebration, 11AM-3PM. Madison Avenue will be closed from Oak Street to Maple Street. Businesses will be lining the street along with seasonal vendors and food vendors. Get into the Halloween spirit with pumpkin carving at Bay Shore Outfitters, 11AM-4PM, and head over to Kitty O’Reilly’s later in the afternoon for a Kids Costume Dance Party, 1PM-3PM.
The Spook-tacular Sturgeon Bay Scavenger Hunt is back again this year! Stop into the Destination Sturgeon Bay Welcome Center to pick up your scavenger hunt map from now until October 31st. Once you’ve visited all the stops, drop off your map for a chance to win a special Sturgeon Bay prize.
Thrills & Chills Schedule of Events
- Costume Parade 10AM: Gather at Community Foundation Square by 10AM. Costume Contest & Prizes to follow at Martin Park.
- Trick-Or-Treating: Along East & West Waterfront Businesses after parade – 1PM
- Haunted House 11AM-2PM, Boys & Girls Club of Door County
- Halloween Crafts & Movies 11AM-3PM, Door County Library
- Free Pumpkin Carving Party 11AM-4PM, Bay Shore Outfitters
- Kids Costume Dance Party 1PM-3PM, Kitty O’Reillys
- Grills for Thrills Fundraiser, Boys & Girls Club of Door County
- New this year! West Side Spooky Celebration: Along Madison Ave with food, drinks, vendors and more