Sturgeon Bay, Wis. (March 31, 2020) – Poll workers are desperately needed for the election on April 7, 2020. Hours are 6:15 am – close of day (usually around 10 pm). Full days are necessary. Pay is $9 per hour. You must reside in Door County and you would work at either City Hall or Jaycee Hall.
Safeguards in place for COVID19:
• Plexiglass barriers will be up between poll workers and voters.
• Gloves and a limited supply of masks will be available for poll workers.
• One person at each polling place will be dedicated to cleaning poll booths, tables, markers, door handles, etc.
• There will be marks on the floor to keep social distancing in place.
• Notices/Signs will be posted on the door for voters with instructions.
• Voters will not be allowed to “mingle” or chat after they have voted.
• Voters will be asked to place their driver’s license on the table for poll workers to view but poll workers should not touch the ID.
• Hand sanitizer will be available for voters and poll workers along with washrooms to wash hands regularly.
• Potlucks or food sharing/snack tables by or for the poll workers will not be allowed at this election. Poll workers will be asked to bring their own lunch from home.
There will be a training session at City Hall on April 2, 2020, at 9 am in the Council Chambers. This is a large room and all those in attendance will follow the 6-foot social distancing rule. It is important to attend this training.
Any questions, please call Stephanie Reinhardt at 920-746-2902 or Laurie Spittlemeister at 920-746-6906.