Southern Door, Wis. (September 10, 2020) – Southern Door County School District is hosting a virtual celebration to dedicate the completion of projects that voters supported in the 2018 referendum.
All community members are invited to watch the ceremony, which will be live streamed on Saturday, September 19, 2020 at 9:00 am. Viewers will have an opportunity to hear from District leaders and their construction partner, and watch a video that will showcase the new spaces.
On November 6, 2018, residents supported a $6,270,000 referendum to invest in the District facility with projects that included:
- Construction of a new High School Office, creating a secure entrance to better control visitor access
- Renovation of the open-concept Elementary and Middle School classrooms to add walls and doors creating separation between classrooms
- High School cafeteria/commons renovation and expansion
- Middle and High School Technical Education enhancements
- Infrastructure and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) upgrades
- Site improvements including parking lot replacement, exterior lighting and playground resurfacing
The District will be releasing a video walk-through of the facilities after the dedication ceremony, which will be available on both the District website and on Facebook.
“We appreciate the support of our taxpayers, and are excited to provide everyone in our community with this virtual opportunity to see the facility updates and the renovated learning environments, which have been made possible by the community’s investment in our schools.” said Patti Vickman, Superintendent.
The livestream ceremony will be available at this link, by clicking the “Livestream of Meetings” icon.