The Southern Door County School District invites all community members to a Groundbreaking Event, to join in a celebration as the District starts construction on projects from their successful referendum.
The ceremony will be held on March 16, 2020 at 5:30 P.M. in the High School Cafeteria. Weather permitting, a ceremonial shovel turn will take place on the site of the new High School Office Addition, by the east parking lot. Attendees will have an opportunity to hear from District leaders, and our design and construction partners, while being entertained by our talented Vocal Jazz and Jazz Band student ensembles.
On November 6, 2018, residents supported a $6,270,000 referendum to invest in the District facility, projects include:
• Construction of a new High School Office, creating a secure entrance to better control visitor access
• Renovation of the open-concept Elementary and Middle School classrooms to add walls and doors creating separation between classrooms
• High School cafeteria/commons renovation and expansion
• Middle and High School Technical Education enhancements
• Infrastructure and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) upgrades
• Site improvements including parking lot replacement, exterior lighting and playground resurfacing
“We want to thank the entire community for your continued support of our schools. These improvements will update our buildings and impact the educational experience for all students in the District, as they continue to excel in the classroom and throughout our community,” said Patti Vickman, Superintendent. “We have so much to celebrate, as the school is the center of our community; and we are excited to invite everyone to share in this event, together.”