Juddville, Wis. (December 6, 2022) – At this time of year filled with celebrations and gift giving, we find ourselves experiencing a deep sense of gratitude for the support and participation that has allowed Write On to continue to grow and reach an ever-widening audience in meaningful ways. This year has brought new staff, new board members, new energy, and an array of new programs to Write On, Door County.
Our Writing Center and expanded campus are providing a place where all are welcome to read, write, learn, and find community and inspiration in classes, readings, our study library, or out on our beautiful walking trails.
Write On has grown and developed to represent a value to our community and culture that is immeasurable, and all because of your continued support. This is what Write On brings to Door County:
- The Writing Center is now open year-round for writing, reading, classes, book club and writing group meetings, and school field trips.
- The Campus, now 59 acres of beautiful woods and meadow, a place to find mindfulness, quiet, and contemplation.
- Individual classes and programs, 94 this year, with 55% offered free to the community.
- The Writer Residency Program, where this year 38 writers enjoyed our facilities and campus, with 34% of those residents coming from marginalized communities.
- Weekend Conferences and Festivals, week-long Master Classes, and multi-day Intensives for those wanting to delve deeply into the art of writing. These attract students and nationally-recognized writers from throughout the U.S.
We hope we can count on you to continue to support and participate in Write On’s mission “to inspire and engage writers and readers of all ages, at all stages.” This coming year, we truly hope that you will stop by with your journal or laptop, pour yourself a cup of coffee, pull a book off of our library shelves, sit down by the fire, and give yourself the gift of creative peace. No reservation required.
We are grateful for all that we have. Thank you for including Write On in your year-end giving as we continue to grow into the future, together, in ways we are still discovering.